Do you enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative, and growth-mindset culture? Are you looking for exciting engineering problems that have direct impact to Enterprise customers with 10,000+ employees? Join us building a platform used to manage global project portfolios in a broad range of industries; power achievements such as developing mission-critical aerospace vehicles, development and deployment of COVID test equipment and vaccination logistics.
The Smartsheet Analytics and Visualizations team is looking for a Principal Engineer who will lead the way to build enterprise grade applications while solving for scalability as our user base grows by leaps and bounds. You will head the architecture of two fundamental products of Smartsheet offerings - Reports, a product lets you work with multiple data sources in real-time while allowing bidirectional aggregation and calculation of data and Dashboards, that allows real-time visibility into critical information with easy-to-configure configure widgets on different types of data sources that can be shared with anyone.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to bring their very best work. Today, we deliver a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Engineering Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Work with engineering leadership, senior, principal, and distinguished engineers, product managers, UI designers, and testers in a team-first environment
- Develop services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customers continues to grow
- Lead and Influence the technical direction and promote a collaborative design review process
- Build an inclusive engineering culture promoting collaboration, inclusion, and diversity of thought
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Mentor the engineering team be an advocate for building practical, performant, and high-quality applications
- Enhance existing application code with new features and strike a balance when making technical decisions (build vs refactor vs simplify)
- Provide a secure, high-preforming maintainable code using best practices
- 7+ years of being a technical lead/architect
- Hands-on experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2/ECS, Lambdas, No-SQL DB, Azure, etc.) within a micro-service architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products or services across multiple products.
- Experience building scalable, high availability applications
- Proficient in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, DDD, microservices, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile frameworks, processes, and teams
- Continuous Integration and automated testing experience
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and supporting important cloud applications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!