At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. As a member of the Experience Design team, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of work, making our category-leading work management platform elegant, usable, and useful. The Senior UX/UI Designer applies principles of design thinking to conceptualise and design engaging, valuable and intuitive user experiences for our DataFlow products. In addition, you will represent the end-user and evangelise human-centred methodologies across Agile and Product teams to ensure a design that truly meets people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
You will report to the headquarters-based UX Manager and can work from our Edinburgh, UK office, our London, UK office, or remotely within the UK.
- Work with other departments to gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross-functional product teams.
- Collaborate with local and remote product teams to envision new capabilities, launch features, and evolve existing functionality, informed by understanding user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes, microinteractions, refined design mockups, and development-ready assets.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Craft visually refined and highly functional interfaces that users experience as intuitive and delightful.
- Partner in an agile development process to provide specifications and guidance for the implementation of the user interface.
- Be a champion for implementation excellence, working closely with engineers, testers, and product owners to achieve a high-quality user experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience with a track record of designing exceptional experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self-motivated and enthusiastic, yet seeks guidance and input to elevate their craft.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Demonstrated ability to create simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Strong visual and information design skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS to help engage in design conversations with developers.
- Experience in designing for accessibility standards and is an advocate who has tested for accessibility on designs and has worked with developers/engineering team on the design specs and best practices.
- Expert in Figma, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organisation, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Experience conducting UX sprint workshops for strategy and alignment.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for users.
- Experience designing products in the automation and workflow space a plus.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!