Smartsheet is looking for a PPM Solutions Manager who will provide business and technical leadership in the area of Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) throughout the sales process of our PPM solutions. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise to ensure successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
You have a proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as deep PPM expertise is required. This high profile role falls under the umbrella of World-Wide Field Operations and is remote eligible.
- Partner with Large Enterprise, Commercial Sales Teams, and appropriate partners by owning the technical sales process of our PPM related products in support of selling Smartsheet.
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide advice and guidance on Smartsheet PPM offerings to prospective and current customers.
- Design and develop creative solutions based on customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Work closely with Product Management to develop repeatable solutions and templates as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions to provide input on new feature requests.
- Work closely with our Marketing team to develop messaging and campaigns that provide the right information to leads seeking more information about our PPM solutions. Assist with any content necessary for campaigns or advertisements focused on PPM personas.
- Assist in enabling Sales and Sales Engineers to more effectively position Smartsheet PPM products
- Proactively support prospects in performing evaluations to ensure that they are keeping their scope and timeline
- Periodically travel to customer sites serving as a technical resource and engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integrations
- Deliver on, and exceed performance targets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 6+ years experience using / implementing / selling PPM software
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies with a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate the functionality of Smartsheet
- Experience developing MS Excel-based solutions for collaboration/workflow/project management requirements
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Background in building credibility with customers to understand their initiatives
- Strong competence participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Certified in Smartsheet
- Deep knowledge of PPM tech ecosystem (RM, CWM, HRIS tools)
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!