Smartsheet is looking for a learning professional to join our Sales Enablement team as an Instructional Designer. As an Instructional Designer, you'll put our sales team knowledge above all else and have a passion for creating learning solutions. You will be working closely with our Product Readiness team to help conceptualize technical product information into simple and relatable sales concepts. Graphic design and knowledge of human-computer interaction are essential and, of course, becoming a certified Smartsheet user is important to your success.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr Manager of Sales Effectiveness located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Contextualize content and develop creative, seller-centric, performance-based training materials.
- Be the “voice of sales” and work effectively across the organization with stakeholders, trainers and coaches, and subject matter experts to develop and curate curriculum which supports new and existing Smartsheet business initiatives.
- Stay current on new learning approaches, behavioral science, and technology and apply that knowledge to our learning products.
- Report on and communicate the results of educational content to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Be an Administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS). Maintain systems, create user profiles, create usage reports, publish video, and other digital content, etc.
- Become a Smartsheet product expert
- 5+ years of combined experience building engaging educational content in a variety of modalities in consultation with your stakeholders.
- 3+ years in sales experience
- Strong understanding of SaaS
- Strong grasp of adult andragogical principles
- Proficiency in Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, and Camtasia a plus
- A portfolio of content, eLearning, video, and graphic design projects. The portfolio should reflect graphic design skills with a clean aesthetic
- Experience managing and reporting on all curriculum and assessment data
- LMS administration experience, including eLearning publishing and learning assessments
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!