Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Professional Services Sales Manager, who will be responsible for selling the Smartsheet Professional Services portfolio, both independently and working closely alongside the APAC Accounts sales teams to enable Smartsheet customers to gain the maximum value from their software investment. The Professional Services team ensures that Smartsheet customers and partners are successfully implementing innovative and effective Smartsheet solutions to meet their business goals.
You will be leading the sales process for our Professional Services team to maximize revenue growth and business-critical usage throughout the enterprise. You will be a key member of the extended sales team and will be expected to work closely with APAC Account Executives on creating solutions for our customers and supporting the end-to-end sales cycle. In this role, you will effectively present and scope Professional Services offerings and capabilities to new prospects and existing customers. You will be responsible for managing the Services Sales lifecycle from the proposal through the final signature of the SOW. You will work closely with the APAC Sales team as a trusted advisor and business partner.
You will have strong business acumen and a successful track record of selling to business and IT executives, including the ability to translate client needs into appropriate Smartsheet solutions. Strong sales experience in a software and services environment with a proven track record of success is a must. This important role is part of the Professional Services team.
- Achieve quotas to generate Professional Services sales
- Lead the services pre-sales process with the sales team to understand the customer’s business and technical objectives, as well as, solution requirements, in order to build customer relationships, and scope opportunities
- Provide guidance to the Sales Engineering team for the most relevant demo or POC creation
- Lead all aspects of the Professional Services sales process, advise customers on preliminary solution architecture, and construct the Scope of Work related to the developed solution architecture
- Create Professional Services opportunities, manage pursuits, present project SOW’s and be an integral partner in closing deals
- Manage the customer relationship(s) from initial discussions to close of deal and maintain customer relationships to help ensure project success and support the sale of additional services offerings
- Conduct yourself as the liaison of each Tier I project engagement, providing status updates to the sales team in a pro-active cadence, through engagement closure
- Facilitate the transition, post engagement, from the Professional Services Team to Customer Success, if applicable
- Present Professional Services offerings to existing customers and new prospects
- Forecast for accounts and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the respective Professional Services leaders for resource planning to ensure successful knowledge transfer and onboarding of new customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years of business experience
- Minimum of 1 year of Project Management
- Ability to conduct customer workshops
- Ability to articulate and position the value proposition of the PS offerings
- Ability to assess and direct Customer needs to the appropriate PS offering(s)
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, to include: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- Ability to persuade others through presentations and written communication
- Ability to develop and articulate Business Cases / ROI studies
- Ability to travel, as needed, up to 50%
- BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!