Senior Data Analyst, Growth Organization Partner (Remote Eligible)
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to help promote analyses, produce insights, and influence decision making. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users, you will make a meaningful impact and support growth through analytics within Smartsheet. You are curious, have strong analytical skills and can identify insights. You will partner with the Growth Marketing and Product Management organizations and be part of Smartsheet's Business Intelligence team.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Analytics Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office. However, this role is remote eligible!
- Understand our business model and customer needs, design metrics to analyze campaigns and user engagement/success, and influence strategy decisions
- Partner with Growth Marketing and Product Management, understand their goals, and work on opportunities to draw relevant insights and create tangible impact
- Advise and lead team analytics needs to build strategic opportunities for impact
- Mine large datasets to develop actionable insights
- Present discoveries/insights and give recommendations to encourage data-driven decisions
- Complete the full analytics lifecycle from understanding the business objective and understanding the data to developing automated reporting and visualizations
- Research, recommend, and learn new analytics tools and platforms
- Think strategically on how to scale and automate work to support a fast paced organization
- Identify possible areas of further investigation based on test results
- BA/BS in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or other technical field, advanced analytics degrees preferred
- 5+ years of related experience or 7+ years of experience without a degree
- Strong business acumen and an ability to present analysis in a compelling manner
- Expert in SQL, experienced in using data visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Power BI)
- Proficient analytical skills for problem solving; can perform descriptive and diagnostic analysis
- Led projects from concept through completion
- Experience forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Ability to research and learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, find opportunities and execute in both independent and collaborative environments
- Self-starter with the ability to find answers to ambiguous problems
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!