Smartsheet is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to help build our growing Federal Civilian Government business. You will sell SaaS software and services within a defined set of federal accounts – both net-new and expansion. You should achieve sales results with tenacity and discipline and are crucial to success on the Enterprise Sales team.
You will be based in your home office around the Washington, DC area and you will report to the Regional Vice President of Strategic Accounts.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Play leadership role in executing sales plan for Federal Civilian Government business that delivers projected results and incorporates go-to-market, partners and resellers
- Lead virtual teams of aligned resources (Sales Engineers, Inside Sales, Marketing, Executives, etc..) in winning business across their territory
- Accomplish a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a strategic account.
- Use our strong market position as the only FedRamp approved Collaborative Work Management solution available to federal agencies
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high value needs across multiple departments and business lines
- You can effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet’s unique business, solution and functional value
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer programs and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- History of direct sales success in the Federal Civilian Government market
- You are a hunter with a history of developing new prospective customers and collaborating across others teams, ensuring target quotas are exceeded
- You have experience successfully closing large complex deals amid a mix of new business, established accounts and channel management
- Strong executive presence with effective insight-based selling skills into enterprise networking environments at the CxO level
- 7 years experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions
- You are able to build relationships with Federal Civilian senior line-of-business, IT executives, and operational managers
- Passion for working with the latest cloud technologies
- Experience with, and effective execution of, a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in an environment where change is a constant
- You understand the difference between activity and results
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!