Smartsheet is looking for an experienced sales professional to join our team as an Account Executive to grow and expand customer accounts. You have a track-record of over performance both in quota attainment and in developing customer accounts. This role is part of the Sales Organization.
Salary - Competitive
Title: Account Executive (Client Development Manager)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to a Commercial Sales Manager in our London, UK office.
- Build a strategy for the territory that will help exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas.
- Create a tiered approach for engaging accounts that includes a "High Touch" strategy for the top 25% of accounts within your territory and a programmatic demand generation approach for the rest. For "High Touch" accounts, execute strategic plays that position Smartsheet as a mission-critical component of the customer's technology stack.
- Encourage internal partnerships with other teams including: Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Sales Development Representatives, and Smartsheet Consulting team members.
- Assess the current use of Smartsheet with our existing customers and build a plan to increase the business impact of Smartsheet by expanding/upgrading its use while finding new business opportunities with other teams.
- Effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique value. Be the subject matter expert for how Smartsheet's capability solves our customer's pain points and accelerates their success.
- Demonstrated sales success; experience exceeding quotas
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably SaaS solutions
- Experience hunting for and managing a large pipeline of sales opportunities with new and existing clients
- Excellent ability to assess the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- History of accomplishing a complex, solution-based sales process
- Ability to remain optimistic, persistent, and resilient. Problem solver mentality
- Fluent in English and German
- Bonus: Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education or relevant experience
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Our Candidate Privacy Notice describes how Smartsheet may process your personal data, including the use of a third party provider for application submissions.