Smartsheet is looking for an Account Executive to join our Select Accounts team in the Large Enterprise organization. You will be responsible for increasing software sales and driving expansion across a large territory of Global 2000 Accounts in Germany. A proven track record of exceeding quota with tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity and discipline is crucial to success on the Large Enterprise team.
You will report to our Regional Director, Strategic Accounts - DACH
- Exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas by driving expansion sales within accounts
- Proactively manage large number of early stage accounts with a balanced approach of executing repeatable plays and custom targeted campaigns that result in consistent over-performance vs. goals
- Develop new business sales opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple teams and business lines in assigned accounts
- Execute a complex, high value solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a Global 2000 Account using solid Smartsheet platform product competency
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique business, solution and functional value
- Lead ongoing engagement with customer executives (VP and C-level) and Smartsheet leadership
- Build territory plan that results in sales expansion across accounts and ensures the achievement of annual quota
- Determine account strategies that ensure sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Representatives, and Strategic Sales Development Representatives
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using important metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using our CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors (BA/BS) required
- Bi-lingual - English/German fluency
- Enterprise sales success; experience exceeding quotas and receiving recognition and awards
- Experience selling enterprise software, ideally the newest SaaS solutions
- Proven new business selling skills
- Experience prospecting for, identify and create solution-based sales opportunities
- Experience accomplishing a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience managing a large and diverse pipeline of sales opportunities
- Outstanding time management skills, focusing with discipline on high value activities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!