The Smartsheet marketing team seeks an experienced Senior Content Marketing Manager to join the Content Strategy team. You will lead and contribute to the development and optimization of original content and content-centered programs. You are familiar with the tech sector, and also have experience with enterprise business-to-business (B2B) communications. You thrive off of creating the new and improving the old in order to get the right content to the right people at the right time. You’re strategic, empathetic, and know how to get things done. And, you are motivated to help a rapidly-growing business achieve its objectives within an increasingly competitive landscape.
Smartsheet exists to empower anyone to drive meaningful change. You will participate in this mission by creating the stories which invite readers to explore, learn more, and adopt Smartsheet throughout their organization.
You will report to the Director, Content Strategy and can be based remotely or in our Bellevue, WA HQ.
- Lead content-centered programs with an eye toward audience, buyer journey, global reach, and optimal impact.
- Manage editorial calendar for Content Center (first party and third party content).
- Author inspiring creative briefs. Pithy yet powerful written communication is your forte, and you will translate this through briefs used to kick off creative teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams in strategic content initiatives.
- Contribute to thought leadership and content marketing strategy that drives brand awareness, sales enablement, lead generation, customer engagement, sales and customer retention.
- Produce written content on behalf of the Smartsheet brand that is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone — with an eye toward SEO, market trends, and research. Deliverables include multiple mediums: long-form articles and whitepapers, interactive content, blog posts, one sheets, scripts for demo and overview videos, and copy for digital channels.
- Participate in a new studio environment for integrated marketing. Creatively lead and participate in the generation of new storytelling vehicles in partnership with visual and video designers.
- Participate in the governance of existing content. Care about and maintain our established brand standards for written communication.
- Manage reporting on owned content programs and seek feedback in performance data to understand what content is working, when, and where.
- Manage freelancers to create written content and execute on program work.
- Support other duties.
- 7+ years of experience in writing, content creation, and content planning.
- 2+ years of experience in content marketing for enterprise B2B SaaS companies
- Strong business and marketing acumen.
- Familiarity with digital customer experiences and the buyer’s journey.
- Comfort with interviewing and presenting to senior executives.
- Experience translating research and insights into relevant stories.
- The ability to successfully partner with collaborators across design, development, campaigns, product and product marketing, sales, and outside partners such as agencies and publications.
- Experience with account based marketing (ABM) and/or personalization a plus.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!