Smartsheet is looking for an amazing and inspired senior security professional to serve as an expert in DevSecOps, product/application security, and cloud security architecture.
The Smartsheet Information Security team owns the entire portfolio of product security practices and focuses on a tools-based approach that automates the detection of commonly identified security weaknesses, eliminates risk through secure frameworks and paved-path designs, and empowers engineering to build products quickly and securely.Trust is one of our core values, and as an engineering organization, trust requires maintaining and improving on systems that secure our customers' data.
You will report to our Chief Information Security Officer, who is located out of our Bellevue, WA office. Work will begin remotely (available in registered states only) until deemed safe to return to the office, after which both onsite and remote options will remain available.
- Review code and provide a security perspective on application design and architecture
- Directly assist the engineering and development teams with design reviews
- Help identify security issues in code and help devise sound security solutions
- Provide leadership in driving security practices in the development pipeline and CI/CD
- Be part of the security community to stay informed on threats and vulnerabilities
- Serve as a developer relationship liaison for security-related initiatives
- Contribute to threat modeling for SaaS applications
- Help build in automation and security testing into the development lifecycle
- Experience in applied encryption (PKI, certificates, signing, hashing, etc.)
- Ability to consult with engineers and developers and guide them on building secure systems
- Experience with security protocols and authentication mechanisms
- Very knowledgeable in web-based application security
- Expert-level Java programmer and code reviewer
- Familiarity with AWS architecture and containers and how to secure cloud applications
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Mon thly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!