We are looking for a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our growing team. This represents an excellent opportunity for someone knowledgeable in accounting and proficient in building interpersonal relationships within and outside of the Accounting department.
Our Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting (other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue). In addition to the management of monthly close and consolidation processes, the Corporate Accounting team covers a variety of challenging topics including capitalized software, leases, share-based compensation, and self-insurance. The team has high visibility within the accounting organization and within the company.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and will be located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Manage monthly close process across a variety of accounting topics
- Review accounting workpapers and own internal control documentation for corporate accounting processes
- Provide mentorship and guidance to staff and senior accountants
- Prepare and review corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings
- Interact with external and internal auditors as representative of the corporate accounting team
- Provide analysis of variances between financial results month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter
- Lead integration of corporate accounting processes for acquired entities
- Actively scale accounting processes through system implementations and process improvements
- Ensure consistencies in processes between domestic and international accounting teams
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA license
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Deep understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics
- Experience mentoring and managing people strongly preferred
- Drive to work in fast-pace high-growth company
- Highly detail-oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to approach tasks hands-on and balance requirements of both preparing and reviewing deliverables
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!