Do you like problem solving and getting things done? Keen on optimization and system development, and working on problems with massive scale? Smartsheet UK are looking for highly motivated and intelligent Product Managers to join and run the rapidly growing UK Product and Engineering teams.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to focus on customer success. This role involves working with the team to build and improve our Dataflow (integrations) offerings, across a suite of software products and frameworks. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and driven by results - we work in a fast paced, agile environment that stays focused on building software that makes an impact.
You will be working within the Dataflow division of the company, empowering connections between Smartsheet and other systems. Our largest customers use these products extensively to unlock access to their internal systems of record, with most of the top technology firms in the world and 75% of the Fortune 500 falling into this bracket and using our products to drive business efficiencies. You can work from our Edinburgh, UK office or remotely within the UK and will report to the Senior Manager, Product.
We empower our Product Managers to own every aspect of the strategy and execution of their area, with frequent direct access to senior engineering and product decision makers up to C-Suite level to sell your vision. You won’t be told what to build; we want you to tell us what needs to be built. As to your team shipping code, engineering operational excellence is a priority for us; we focus heavily on continuous integration and deployment, shipping code multiple times per day - say goodbye to half-day release planning meetings, merge conflicts, deploys that take days, and weeks of bug fixing passes with QA ahead of big-bang releases.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description, or if your hard skills don’t match the requirements. Hard skills can be taught or learned, but for our Product team the right attitude, potential and a willingness to learn are the most important characteristics to us. If your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart.
- Help drive the entire product development life cycle, from concept to release
- Analysis and metrics on usage, impact, and potential for product improvements
- Market and competitor research
- Ownership of product specifications and timeline
- Engaging internal and external business stakeholders on product roadmap
- Deliver insight on future needs and requirements to both the Product org and the wider business
- Liaise closely with your Engineering Manager to come up with technically viable and scalable solutions
- Work closely with UX to maintain the highest design, UX and accessibility standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years previous experience in a relevant Product role for a b2b or b2c organisation, ideally SaaS.
- Ability and experience to deliver complex projects from inception to completion
- Ability to explain technical solutions to wider audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, metrics and analytics driven - backing up your “product sense” with real customer data
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Be a self-starter with a “get it done” attitude and bias for action. When you see a problem, you go and fix it
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge or experience in the integrations, RPA, or business workflows space
- Knowledge or experience of API driven development and service oriented architectures
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Tableau / Snowflake / SQL skills for data analysis
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks including a counselling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role-specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!