Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Hardware Asset Manager with a solid technical background combined with a strong understanding of asset management process and procedures. A successful candidate will provide strategy and process while delivering scalable systems and achieving operational excellence. This role will report to the Director of IT Support and will be located at Smartsheet’s office in Bellevue, WA.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
- Perform daily and long-term operational and strategic management of IT hardware assets
- Plan, monitor, and record hardware assets to make sure they comply with vendor contracts in different software tools
- Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and CIs and their status; also perform trend analyses
- Design processes relating to hardware asset management, execute and enhance them
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management and adhere to audit standards for SOX,ISO,SOC2
- Perform research on industry best practice and incorporate it with organizational practices
- Establish and maintain hardware maintenance database.
- Act as hardware asset management point of contact for any auditing requests from internal compliance team relating too SOX,ISO,SOC2
- Partners with IT Logistics Specialist to make sure all aspects of hardware asset management are covered
Key Qualifications Skills:
- 5+ years of experience working with a CMDB and the specific business services that it supports
- 5+ years of ITSM tool experience (ServiceNow, BMC, Freshservice)
- Strong knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as experience with Discovery tool
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision
- Excellent at performing multiple tasks at the same time without error
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!