Smartsheet is looking for an FP&A Manager to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. You will partner with our Sales team to guide Smartsheet's growth and achieve our financial goals through strategic analysis, forecasting, and reporting. Your work will be collaborative and will involve significant interaction with senior leaders. It requires close partnerships and orchestration work across the broader CFO team and important partners in HR, BI, Operations, and Procurement.
If you are passionate about SaaS, want to build a broad knowledge base across our business, value strong partnership across multiple teams, and enjoy working in a fun team environment, then join us!
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director of FP&A located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Lead daily financial partnership with Sales teams
- Manage the P&L, including subscription bookings, revenue, headcount, and operating expenses
- Ensure accurate reporting of financial and non-financial metrics (VTB, VTF, growth, attach, and mix)
- Guide monthly, annual, and long-term forecasting in collaboration with partners and FP&A team
- Develop data-driven frameworks to inform investment decisions, measure progress, and promote accountability
- Work with partners to evaluate the financial impact of new business opportunities
- Explain findings into high-quality communications to facilitate executive decision-making
- Build strong cross-team relationships to achieve results
- 5+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Finance/FP&A positions
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in building complex financial models
- Familiarity with SaaS subscription business models and associated Measurements preferred
- A service-focused, customer orientation toward colleagues throughout the company
- General love for data/BI and deep curiosity for using systems to improve effectiveness
- Experience with enterprise planning applications like Planful, Tableau, or Netsuite preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!