Smartsheet is looking for someone to become part of the Learning & Development Team as a Learning and Development Partner. You will take a consultative approach to identifying training gaps and needs and learning and development opportunities together with partners in the business. This L&D professional will work with partners in the business and vendors and be accountable for implementation of learning and development programs including curriculum design & development, and classroom and online facilitation, to maximize team member performance and professional effectiveness.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Manager, Learning & Development located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Develop and deliver: webinars, e-learning, instructor-led, virtual classroom, and blended learning solutions to leaders and individual contributors company-wide
- Conduct weekly New hire orientation/onboarding training
- Use instructional design strategies and frameworks, perform needs analysis, assess requirements, and recommend learning strategies for building capabilities
- Work with internal experts and vendors (if applicable) to create learning solutions
- Create learning and performance-support materials to enhance the effectiveness of the learning experience (e.g., job aids, handouts, participant and facilitator guides)
- Be a partner to the business while concurrently managing their expectations, project scope, and project prioritization
- Demonstrate ability to engage with and target communications for leadership on strategy and important insights
- Demonstrate attention to detail in building and reviewing work products of team members and vendor partners to ensure the highest quality deliverables, that meet our partners' needs, follow our learning standards, within approved timelines and budget while working with a variety of partners on execution
- Use a learning management system manage courses and track the effectiveness of L&D Training Programs
- 5+ years' experience in a corporate training environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent vocational accreditation in instructional design, L&D or related field OR relevant experience
- Excellence in classroom facilitation, especially delivering soft skills training
- Experience with instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
- Certifications in Situational Leadership, Hogan Assessments, and/or Insights Discovery are desirable
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and eLearning software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for developing people
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!