Smartsheet is looking for a technology focused, strategically driven Director of Customer Success Scale, responsible for the productivity, effectiveness, and scalability of our Customer Success efforts. You will lead our customer success long tail program design and influence execution to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, expanded product usage, and strong net retention.
You will report to Smartsheet’s Senior Director of Commercial Customer Success and Scale and will be based at our headquarters in Bellevue WA, with alternatives in Silicon Valley CA, or Boston MA. You will manage multiple manager and above roles and oversee our long tail Customer Success program globally.
- Lead transformation into a technology powered, data driven, human touch organization that multiplies our reach
- Own the strategy and orchestration of CS initiatives across our CS Scale Team, including Global Customer Success team and our New Business Customer Success team.
- Work closely with CS leadership to deliver strategic, data driven insights and provide solutions to challenges and recommendations based on business analysis.
- Mitigate churn within long-tail customers. Protect the core while also expanding this customer base.
- Oversee our New Business Customer Success onboarding program, partnering with the program leader to create a strategy that fits with the larger Customer Success motion, is scalable, and increases customer lifetime value.
- Develop best practices for the Scale team and articulate the value of these practices to stakeholders; identify gaps and propose changes to existing processes, develop scalable solutions and oversee key organizational metrics.
- Development of the Scale CS roadmap and lifecycle strategy, planning for CS engagement and frequency of touches, both human and automated.
- Analyze data in order to continuously gather insights on which factors most effectively influence retention rates.
- Lead our Scale Customer Success teams motions to promote customer enablement, customer satisfaction, and net retention
- Develop and deploy success play tracking, success play scoring, play automation, and tech/scale variants
- Work collaboratively across the business as a whole to provide a unified customer experience.
- Partner with team members across the organization, uniting and aligning across departments to promote growth and effectiveness in pursuit of net dollar retention rate improvements.
- Participate in feedback loops, as well as, insights on prioritization to the Product and Development teams to represent the voice of the customer and the needs of the customer-facing teams.
- Experience leading teams >20 individuals, across global segments, creating growth in hiring and career development
- 8+ years of cross-functional, customer success leadership experience or similar adjacent areas of support, services, sales, or pre-sales
- Experience in the SaaS marketplace and customer success, experience in how enterprise work is transforming is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills; ability to deliver complex ideas to diverse audiences and partners
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!