Smartsheet is redefining how the world manages and tracks work, serving over 95,000 customers across more than 190 countries. Trust is one of our core values, and as an organization, we build that core value by maintaining and improving on systems, processes and programs that secure our customers' data. We are currently looking for a Information Security and Compliance Specialist to join our growing security team. In this position you will lead the development and implementation of a compliance program at Smartsheet. We're looking for motivated individuals who will iterate on improving both the existing and future of Smartsheet.
This position reports to the Information Security and Compliance Manager and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams to build out and maintain various existing security programs such as Vulnerability/Patching Management Program, Phishing Program, Endpoint Management Program, etc.
- Advise in Smartsheet's overall security posture within the corporate environment
- Analyze third party risk and security reviews
- Update and maintain internal and externally facing security and compliance documentation
- Facilitate third party attestations, audits, and certification efforts for the organization
- Design and implement corporate security programs and routines using Smartsheet and other tools
- Deliver ongoing compliance and/or privacy training to the workforce to ensure compliance and privacy awareness
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with cloud architecture and cloud security strategies (AWS, Azure, GCP OCI, etc)
- Knowledge of technologies such as SQL, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows, Firewalls, Network technologies, Active Directory, VPNs, Data Loss Prevention tools, etc.
- Experience with automation and scripting skills (Python, PowerShell)
- Strong understanding of networking, cloud infrastructure, and operating systems (Linux, Windows, OS X, mobile)
- Understanding of information security and security governance, risk and compliance frameworks, methodologies and practices
- Experience with and ability to conduct proof of concept on security technologies such as Vulnerability Management Tools, End-Point Management, Operating system security, EDR, SIEM, and Identity and Access Management.
- Experience with infrastructure, application, host and cloud vulnerability scanning and vulnerability patch management programs
- Ability to develop programs and enable system integrations to help further streamline and automate processes, reduce churn, and drive visibility
- Knowledge of scripting languages for automation is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!