In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a cloud-based SaaS platform that easily scales from project execution to enterprise-wide work management. It empowers organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes through online collaboration, which is a rapidly growing domain.
Smartsheet is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Dynamic View product engineering team. Dynamic View is a premium product of Smartsheet that enables customers to build custom processes, control field views, set logic over which fields are displayed, made read-only, or hidden based on field status dynamically, and offers granular control over security. Our engineering teams are small, efficient, and driven by results. We work in an agile scrum environment that stays focused on building great software that makes a positive impact on millions of customers.
You will report to the Director of Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Drive the development and success of one or more products
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to achieve high quality software
- Collaborate with partner teams across the company including product management, development, UX design, and customer support teams
- Own the front-end, backend services, and AWS infrastructure that powers Dynamic View and connected products
- Establish lean engineering processes that promote collaboration and rapid iterations to build the right product to solve the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by promoting career development
- Drive engineering excellence, architectural development, AWS cost optimization, and operational monitoring best practices for highly available services
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as C#, C++, Python or Java.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, high available customer-facing applications.
- You have experience in distributed systems, systems automation, and cloud technologies.
- You like to dive in, constantly learn new things, and build awesome products
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for learning and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company funded perks including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to foster an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description, or if your career path has been nontraditional. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative. Join us and find out what it feels like to empower customers to solve their problems quickly!