We are looking for thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems to help us build one of our new projects in the Business Systems API and Opscon Framework area. This team is being newly formed, and it owns core pieces that every other product in Smartsheet interacts to enable their new features and onboard customers to new plans. This is a highly visible area where we are having significant investment, and you will help us not only in designing and coding but also defining the road map and mentoring junior engineers.
We value product-oriented engineers who can own, architect and implement features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers to deliver the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make a difference everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Delight our partners and customers by implementing highly visible and impactful features and improving existing ones
- Extend our RESTful API to support core functionality
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Influence technical direction of the group
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!