At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. As a member of the Experience Design team, you will shape the future of work. We’re hiring a Senior UX Designer to help us build Enterprise Grade Experiences that are engaging, effective, and intuitive where we work in the areas of account management, data governance, user account productivity and usage. Designers represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies and design thinking across the product and engineering teams to design solutions that meet people’s needs.
You can either be remote (based in the U.S.) or on site at our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the UX Design Manager.
Who We Are
- We are a diverse, large and growing Experience Design Team of UX Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, UX Writers, and Customer Experience Architects who love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We’re an authentic and passionate bunch who partner with our product teams to help guide product strategy but also come together often as an XD team to support each other in driving our holistic experience vision forward.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise experiences so our customers feel empowered, inspired and connected.
What You'll Do
- Identify user needs and goals and communicate them with diverse product teams.
- Create understanding across product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business goals and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables.
- Collaborate with user research and conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- Rapidly iterate on interactive prototypes and designs to A/B test and experiment on the most effective solutions.
- Support other duties as necessary.
What You Bring
- 5+ years experience as a ux / interaction designer for complex, data-driven enterprise experiences (Experience designing for mobile and/or doing service design is a plus).
- Passion for the field of User Experience.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Strong stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Experience solving complex problems with simplicity, effectiveness, and clarity.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Axure, Principal, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Help teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering, gain alignment on user, business, and technical needs.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!