Smartsheet is looking for a Deal Desk Specialist to join our Finance Operations team supporting the Global Sales and Finance Operations teams with facilitation of deals through the Quote to Cash sales cycle. You will work with essential partners across Sales, Professional Services, Legal, Privacy, Finance, Security, Compliance, Product and Revenue Recognition Accounting teams to ensure deals are structured and negotiated to comply with Smartsheet processes.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
You will report to our Deal Desk Manager located in our Bellevue office, but this role will be based in Boston.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Global Sales Teams for deal structuring and support other team members throughout the sales cycle to expedite deal execution
- Provide guidance on routine to moderately complex deal structures in a way that maximizes ACV and customer satisfaction, and manages risk for Smartsheet
- Work with different teams including Sales, Finance, Legal, Deal Operations, Pricing, Billing, and Compliance to address custom deal requirements
- Lead deal through appropriate approval level
- Review deal progression and work with partners to ensure deal cycle times and precise execution.
- Follow a same-day response commitment to set service standards that can be relied upon
- Review submitted Deal Requests for accuracy and conformance to Smartsheet sales order acceptance policies
- Ensure all approved requests have been documented observing Finance Operations and accounting processes
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and work towards zero processing errors
- Participate in process development and improvement projects
- 2+ years of relevant Deal Desk or Sales Support experience in a SaaS company with Direct, Channel, Government, Services, and International Sales.
- An understanding of sales process, Billing, revenue recognition including structuring of a deal and contract management.
- Advise on common deal patterns
- Strong experience building interpersonal relationships to regularly challenge the status quo
- Affect change within the organization to improve processes
- Work flexible hours on a rotating schedule for coverage to support EMEA and APAC Sales teams
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, CPQ, Netsuite, or similar systems CRM and ERP systems
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status observing applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!