In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Full Stack Software Engineer to join our development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Boston, MA office. This role may be performed remotely from any state within the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Bring your passion for quality and new ideas into a group of motivated individuals all working to build one of Smartsheet's fastest growing products
- Work across the full-stack to build and deploy scalable microservices that run on public cloud infrastructures
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud computing platform
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience building scalable, high availability applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG, Robot, Cypress, etc.)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code concepts and tools (We use Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Familiarity with Message Queues and NoSQL Databases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!