In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Full Stack Software Engineer to join our development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Boston, MA office.
- Bring your passion for quality and new ideas into a group of motivated individuals all working to build one of Smartsheet's fastest growing products
- Work across the full-stack to build and deploy scalable microservices that run on public cloud infrastructures
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud computing platform
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience building scalable, high availability applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG, Robot, Cypress, etc.)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code concepts and tools (We use Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Familiarity with Message Queues and NoSQL Databases
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.