When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to making an impact – fast? Smartsheet is the enterprise platform for dynamic work that aligns people and technology so your entire business can move faster, drive innovation, and achieve more. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across different industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This means that there’s never a shortage of unique technical challenges to solve.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Software Engineer (SE) to join a recently formed engineering team. You will help develop new customer-facing front-end features that will help us enhance Smartsheet’s utility for all of our customers. Our engineering team is small, highly efficient, and works in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Smartsheet has a value-driven culture, where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact every day.
You will be based in our Engineering Office in Bellevue, WA or Remote and will report to a leader in our engineering organization and have the option to work remotely from an Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Participate in all phases of engineering including quality assurance, operations and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Experience with CI/CD systems as well as packaging and delivery systems
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing cross-platform applications using ElectronJS
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!