At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more.
We’re hiring a UX Designer to help shape the Communications space at Smartsheet. Designers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, and apply human-centered design principles to conceptualize and create impactful experiences for our customers. At Smartsheet, we value authenticity, passion, and working collaboratively with our design, product, and engineering teammates to help guide a holistic product strategy and experience. We leave our egos behind, and focus on having an open, collaborative environment where everyone can create together.
You can either be remote (based in the U.S.) or onsite at our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the UX Design Manager.
The Communication team builds world-class products that allow our users to be aware of, and converse about work. We enable teams to give context to their conversations, improving execution through first party tools and integrations with other products.
UX Design at Smartsheet means creating intuitive experiences that help people to do their best work. You’ll be working in our Marketing space, with a focus on the Content Collaboration and Content Creation, including digital proofing, document generation, and products that support creative work collaboration. You’ll be involved throughout the entire product development journey and advocate for our users every step of the way.
- Gain an understanding of user needs and goals, and collaborate on problem solving
- Collaborate across product teams to launch features based on user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Align on vision across different feature areas, and deliver on end-to-end product experiences
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback
- Design beautiful interfaces that make emotional connections with users
- Convey design ideas through expert storytelling
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of your designs through the development process
- Work with stakeholders to align your ideas with company objectives
- Support other duties
- 2+ years experience designing simple solutions for complex problems
- Passion for talking to users to understand their goals, frustrations, and needs
- Experience working with customers, conducting usability testing, and facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals
- Ability to quickly prototype to communicate designs and ideas
- A portfolio that shows: collaboration in your processes, ability to design for end-to-end experiences, clean UI, and interaction design
- Ability to clearly present your designs, and articulate decision making process based on research
- Ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!