Want to make an impact in a high-velocity business transforming the way people work? Tens of thousands of brands and millions of information workers trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today's collaborative work.
We are looking for an experienced marketing leader for the Principal Product Marketing Manager (focused on Market Strategy) reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Marketing. Market Strategy is a strategic and highly visible function at Smartsheet and we're looking for a motivated, self-starter to hit the ground running as a key business partner of our industry analyst relations team. You will own messaging, positioning and content development for our most strategic influencer audiences and categories to deepen engagement and accelerate growth. You will demonstrate strategic marketing vision and leadership, cross-team and executive alignment, and a passion for developing compelling influencer positioning across all industry products and solutions to drive category creation, disruption and leadership for Smartsheet.
You will be based in our HQ in Bellevue, WA.
- Drive the messaging and positioning strategy to influence industry analyst mindshare around Smartsheet's market leading vision, strategy, value proposition and key competitive differentiators.
- Own the narrative around how our portfolio comes together so that 1+1 = 3, working closely with Corporate Messaging and the broader Product Marketing team to ensure cohesion between messages.
- Develop a cohesive, outcomes-oriented market leading narrative and positioning for industry analyst engagements, including: Analyst Days, Gartner Summits, Advisory Days, Sales Kickoff, Analyst Briefings and Inquiries.
- Collaborate across sales, marketing and product to build timely portfolio-wide analyst facing content like demos, briefings, positioning documents, customer evidence and use cases, and sales enablement materials.
- Advise specialist product teams as they bring targeted products and solutions to market by developing compelling narratives to engage analysts from ideation to launch.
- Drive cross-organization and global alignment around Smartsheet's Market Strategy function including partnering with the Sales team to prioritize the influencer-related resources that create the biggest business impact.
- Own program strategy and execution to drive positive PPM, CWM, and DAM reviews to analyst peer review sites including Gartner Peer Insights.
- Support other responsibilities as needed.
- 10+ years product marketing experience in enterprise technologies, including experience in cloud / SaaS environments.
- Experience with industry analyst evaluations such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, IDC Marketscape and Forrester Waves.
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines; self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Deep understanding of how businesses work and what keeps executives up at night.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Expert at expanding beyond task-level thinking to see the big picture and connection points between messages, teams and processes.
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an outstanding ability to translate technology features into business outcomes.
- Experience working across marketing, sales and product management.
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders regarding matters of significance.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity – this is a new function and change is expected!
- Advocate for our market strategy across all conversations and projects. Be an essential spokesperson for the business for strategic influencers and industries, delivering clear and compelling communications.
- Set clear and measurable metrics, and foster a "test and learn" approach to improve performance.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers.
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount).
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay).
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity.
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave.
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave.
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community.
- Opportunities for professional development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!