We are looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our 10,000ft Core Engineering team. 10,000ft is a SaaS application, specializing in project portfolio (PPM) and resource management, that was acquired by Smartsheet in 2019.
This is an opportunity to build and operate scalable and distributed systems in the cloud. You will be surrounded by people that are passionate about solving problems that promote our growth, and believe that great service is essential in customer success. The team is innovating and investing to evolve the platform into a market leading PPM solution.
You will report to our Senior Engineering Manager and work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Build robust distributed services and systems from inception through to production
- Champion improvements in the quality and stability of live site and promote engineering best practices
- Participate in all stages of product development
- Dive deep into operational excellence and drive resiliency, latency, and product reliability
- Demonstrate strong customer empathy, curiosity, and willingness to question and learn
- 5+ years software development experience
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby on Rails or Java; and React
- Familiarity with design patterns, RESTful APIs, storage systems, and cloud infrastructure
- High enthusiasm and integrity with a deep desire to work collaboratively and solve problems
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!