Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with a solid technical background combined with excellent customer service skills. You will design and implement SaaS and on-prem technologies delivering reliable, scalable systems and achieving operational excellence.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director of IT Infrastructure located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Participate in the planning and deployment of Saas and on-prem infrastructure
- Administration and implementation of IaaS and SaaS platforms
- Administration and support of Windows and Linux Server environments
- Administration and support of Windows and Mac Desktop Engineering
- Support the existing SaaS products as its user base and functionality grows
- Provide escalated systems support for Service Desk, problem resolution, and mentoring across the Corporate IT team
- Conduct in-depth technical investigations to determine cause
- Monitor usage to ensure capacity is meeting growth requirements
- Partner with the Compliance/Security teams to prevent and investigate suspicious activity
- Rotating escalation support to our on-call staff of our corporate infrastructure
- 6+ years of work experience in a production Windows and Linux environment working as a Systems Engineer
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of OKTA or other SSO products
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and IAM Process
- Proficiency with AWS or Azure
- Experience with SOX or other compliance (HIPAA or PCI)
- AWS Govcloud IL 4 experience
- Proficiency with Powershell or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with internet protocols, network firewalls, routing, switching, and VPN
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and frameworks.
- Can work an occasional evening, holiday, or weekend
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required, with bending and mobility to move large objects
- In order to comply with federal government requirements, this job is only available to U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents, U.S. nationals, and certain temporary residents, refugees, and asylees.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!