Do you like problem-solving and getting things done? Keen on optimization and large scale systems development?
Smartsheet UK is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Observability team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our service offerings. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and driven by results. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great services that make an impact. We are looking for highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
You can work from our Edinburgh, UK office or remotely within the UK. You will report to the Director, Engineering.
- Managing the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Involvement in system architecture
- Mentoring team members, and manage their career development
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Working with third party vendors on Observability SaaS offerings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in cloud architectures
- 5+ years of software development, DevOps, or related experience
- Minimum 2+ years of technical team leading and mentoring
- Lead change management and implementing processes within teams
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!