Smartsheet is looking for a Staff Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. This is an “apprentice-style” role in which you will learn the foundational skills to build a career in Sales Engineering. You will become a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
The Staff SE role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Develop the skills needed to present Smartsheet software as part of the customer's software evaluation including technical demonstrations of the SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons
- Develop deep Smartsheet knowledge & business process relevance (workflow definition, solution design)
- Partner with Commercial Account Executives to support their opportunities Collaborate with existing Sales Engineers in the design of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide daily product/technical support to sales team and new team and enterprise prospects
- Travel periodically based on customer needs
- Accomplish, and exceed on, all performance targets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Customer-facing skills
- Natural curiosity and desire to understand and solve customer challenges
- Experience working with web-based technologies and technical understanding of functionality
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Suite skills
- Experience in SaaS is not required, you have some peripheral experience with technical customer success, implementations, consulting, project management or teaching
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!