Smartsheet is looking for a full time Principal Software Engineer (Mobile - Android) to join our Mobile Development Team. In this role, you will work with our Engineering and Product teams to provide next generation mobile experiences that empower our customers to improve how they work. You will have the opportunity to be a leader on a highly efficient team in an agile setting and positively enhance several product areas by using the latest mobile technologies to their fullest.
As a principal engineer, you will be responsible for defining architectural direction, pioneering rich user experiences and driving features across multiple teams.
While this position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, you will also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States
Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
- Design and develop mobile framework for Smartsheet native Android application
- Guide and mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Provide expertise, and influence others by solving tough problems and contributing thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews
- Contribute to full SDLC; define, design, implement, test, and deploying new features for our platform
- Participate in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Oversee essential features and work in an autonomous manner
- Recognize, takes ownership of complicated technical cross-team issues and drive them to resolution
- Support code development on multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Native NDK, etc)
- 8+ years experience mobile engineering, specializing in native Android development
- Experience in developing mobile consumer software applications, with a strong understanding of the mobile ecosystem, and a customer-focused attitude.
- Expertise in Kotlin, Java, RxJava, JUnit
- Experience in developing clean architecture
- Shift between low level algorithms and high level strategies
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!