Smartsheet is looking for a Tier 2 Support Specialist to join the Customer Support team. This position requires a highly motivated individual who operates independently and thrives on solving challenging Smartsheet cases for our customers.
- Handle escalated cases via GetHelps from Tier 1 with a high sense of urgency and ownership while keeping the customer appropriately apprised of the investigation.
- Support customers via email, chat and phone with strong writing skills and excellent phone manner.
- Thoroughly understand, reproduce, document, and solve technical issues.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the Smartsheet application, API, and our various apps and integrations.
- Help build and maintain technical and process documentation for internal and external customers.
- Conduct both Core App and Premium App Prodesk sessions; complete and stay up to date on all applicable training related to all of the above
- Manage and respond to SI Consults in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for team players - driven self-starters that are proactive and effective problem solvers, able to execute with little supervision.
- 1-3 years technical Support experience in a SaaS environment responding to cases via phone/email
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience following documented processes
- A firm grasp of and comfort using cloud applications
- Desire and aptitude to quickly ramp up on new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Confidence and strong interest in problem solving; curiosity is key!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills, both internally and customer-facing
- Possess superior technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with ticketing / CRM tools, Salesforce/Service Cloud a plus
- Willingness to engage on complex matters
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Ability to efficiently prioritize tasks while keeping both customer impact and business needs in mind
- Ability to accurately and empathetically recognize and respond accordingly to how any single issue is affecting a customer(s)
Nice to Have:
- Experience documenting processes
- General understanding with RESTful APIs and ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical integration scenarios and architectural concepts
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!