Smartsheet is looking for a full time Software Engineer II - Android to join our Mobile Development Team. You will work with our Engineering and Product teams to achieve next generation mobile experiences that empower our customers to improve how they work. You will work in an agile setting and positively enhance several product areas by using the latest mobile technologies to their fullest.
While this position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, you also have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the United States and report to our Senior Manager, Engineering.
Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Work closely with product managers, UI designers, senior developers and testers in an environment that values collaboration
- Deliver secure maintainable code using best practices
- Enhance existing application code with new features and functionality
- 3+ years software development experience
- 2+ years professional Android application development experience using Java or Kotlin
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- A passion for mobile and tablet devices, applications and user interfaces
- Experience building fluid mobile applications
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs and web services with applications
- Worked in a agile environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!