The Admin Experiences team builds capabilities that allows IT and Administrators to manage and govern their Smartsheet accounts at scale. We are challenged to improve our systems to make identity, access and security policies management easier and efficient for Administrators. We are building a new Admin Center and we are looking for a talented Sr. Software Development Engineer with a passion for delivering great software to join our team. We value product-oriented engineers who can own and architect features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers achieve the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
Smartsheet is a powerful and richly interactive web application built with TypeScript, HTML, REACT and WebSockets on the front-end, and Java, MySQL, Terraform and AWS cloud technologies on the micro-services back-end. You will contribute to features on both the Front-end and Back-end.
You will work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, reporting to our Manager of Software Engineering.
- Contribute in all stages of the product development and deployment life cycle: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, monitoring and iteration
- Work closely with other software engineers, database engineers, SRE, and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years software development experience
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Experience building Micro-services in AWS
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience in Identity and Access Management space a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401K Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to encouraging an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status observing applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to build an inclusive environment that encourages and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are motivated, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to think differently—join us!