Smartsheet (NYSE:SMAR) is on a mission to enable all users to achieve more at work. We do this today for millions of information workers by helping teams across all kinds of roles and industries to manage 2000+ different types of projects, programs, and processes. These teams and use cases are growing as our business grows. Our mission requires that businesses and their users have deep trust in Smartsheet as an essential service where they store their business-critical information about work happening across their organization.
We are looking for a recognized Information Security industry leader to join us on this mission as our VP of Information Security (CISO). You will report directly to Smartsheet’s Chief Technology Officer and become part of the Executive Team. This position is based in Bellevue, WA.
- Lead an outstanding team of Information Security professionals (engineers, analysts, architects, and others)
- Establish the Information Security strategy to support Smartsheet’s mission and prioritize a set of initiatives for the InfoSec team to accomplish
- Be a trusted adviser for the Smartsheet Executive Team on a broad range of topics related to Information Security
- Provide leadership during times of crises. Conduct investigation to determine root cause and establish best practices to reduce future risks.
- Engage, influence and establish trust with CIOs, CISOs, and other Enterprise IT leaders across customer organizations
- Build partnerships with peers across Product Development, Compliance, Legal, Privacy, and others to accomplish joint projects
- Be a security thought leader in Cloud and SaaS space
- 15+years of hands-on experience in Information Security space spanning network security, application security, cryptography, SDLC security tools/practices, threat management, pentesting, abuse, fraud, security compliance, incident response, etc.
- Deep relationships with Information Security professionals and industry experts to attract passionate team members and collaborate with them
- 10+ years of experience building and growing InfoSec teams including coaching and managing performance
- 3+ years of successful experience building an InfoSec organization for a public software company
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!