Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Director of Data Science and Business Intelligence to help guide our growth. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users you will have a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact across Smartsheet's business. This full-time position reports to the SVP of Operations and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Lead teams of data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to enable data-driven insights and forecasting
- Operate our data platform and business intelligence solution that meets the scalability, performance, and data insight requirements of company partners
- Understand Smartsheet's business model, identify strategic insights, inform leadership, and recommend execution plans against analytical insights
- Ensure continued development of a data and business intelligence foundation, including data architecture, standardized reporting tools, and decision-support capabilities
- Develop cross-team relationships across senior leadership to ensure we are meeting existing analytics needs and prepared to meet the needs of the future
- Provide leadership in developing the long-term vision for our analytical tools and platforms while gaining consensus on goals and roadmap for the future.
- Develop a motion for improved cross-team visibility and understanding of key insights
- Identify and recommend growth drivers through deep analysis of strategic priorities and their potential for value creation
- Influence investment decisions by supporting the ongoing strategic planning process
- 10+ years of prior experience architecting and implementing enterprise-level Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence Solution. Experience with both on-premise– and a cloud environment preferred.
- Critical thinker with analytical & financial skills; strong sense for business success
- Excellent problem structuring, identification and resolution
- Experience structuring executive presentations with the appropriate level of storytelling, visuals and data analysis
- Experience with enterprise data architecture
- 3+ years management consulting experience or similar relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake preferred
- MBA or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!