At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. As a member of the User Experience team, you'll shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform useful, usable, and elegant. As the UX Manager with a focus on Dashboards, Reporting, Mobile, and Content Collaboration, you will lead and grow a team of UX Designers in applying principles of design thinking to conceptualize engaging and personalized user experiences for our web and mobile apps. You will represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new designs that truly meet people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Experience Design and will be located in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
- Help drive a vision for the future of design at Smartsheet.
- Establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Manage the day-to-day and strategic activities of UX designers, making sure that the human-centered process is properly planned, followed and documented.
- Mentor and coach UX designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of emerging UX design techniques and tools.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross functional product teams.
- Work closely with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- 7+ years experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications
- 3+ years leading, inspiring & mentoring a design team
- Experience with mobile and data visualization design considerations
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Enthusiastic; knows when it's necessary to seek out guidance.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Sketch, Axure or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Proficiency in rapid prototyping.
- Highly organized with planning, conducting, and tracking work.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!