The Manager of Subscription Revenue Accounting is responsible for the accurate processing and close of our revenue accounting results for Subscription Services. You will oversee a team of two employees and interacts with other team members in accounting, financial operations, sales and other parts of the organization to complete the monthly, quarterly and annual close. You partners closely with the Manager of Services Revenue Accounting to ensure all revenue is recorded observing ASC 606.
As a publicly traded company, we are now subject to SOX 404. This role oversees SOX compliance including updating the process narratives, risk identification, design, implementation, and ongoing operation of key control activities for revenue accounting related to subscription services. As a manager, you will need to ensure your team understands their roles and responsibilities as they relate to SOX and producing the subscription revenue results each month and each quarter.
This role is located in Bellevue, Washington and reports to Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting.
- Produce the monthly close process related to revenue accounting for subscriptions.
- Produce the monthly variance analysis compared to plan. Present to the CFO, Controller, and VP of FP&A on a monthly basis (and also the CEO on a quarterly basis).
- Produce the SOX process for subscription revenue accounting. Implement and operate internal controls. Recommend updates as needed to improve processes.
- Partner with the Head of Internal Audit to consider process improvements and test controls.
- Be (or become) an expert in ASC 606 around revenue recognition for subscription services. Ensure that all customer contracts are accounted for completely, and following applicable guidance.
- Perform the monthly review of revenue accounting workpapers and foster a process that delivers the highest quality documentation.
- Implement processes that minimize potential for error.
- Manage a current team of two. Develop the team, and hire, coach and retain additional team members as we grow.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance functions with preference for experience in accounting
- 3+ years of people manager experience preferred with record of leading, directing and coaching teams.
- Current CPA certification.
- Someone who enjoys managing teams.
- Comfort working in an organization that values deadlines.
- SOX experience is required, whether obtained through public accounting or through working at a publicly traded company
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with Finance, Legal, Revenue Accounting, Financial Operations and other groups across the company
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably NetSuite)
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.