The Senior Revenue Accountant for Subscription Services is a key member of the team responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the Company’s revenue accounting results for Subscription Services in accordance with US GAAP and in compliance with SOX.
In addition to performing their monthly close tasks associated with recording subscription revenue, the Senior Accountant also works to understand variances to budget and period-over-period trends in subscription services revenue results. The Senior Accountant partners with various individuals and teams across the Financial Operations organization to understand invoicing and collection processes and their impact on revenue recognition. The Senior Accountant is a resource to FP&A, Financial Operations, Tax, and other teams which use revenue recognition information for their own processes and procedures.
This role is located in Bellevue, Washington.
- On a monthly basis, record revenue recognition and deferred revenue journal entries as related to bill-to and in-app subscription services.
- Assist FP&A in preparation of monthly budget vs actual analysis for subscription revenue.
- Prepare month-over-month variance analyses and present to Corporate Controller, CFO, and VP FP&A on a monthly basis, and CEO (on a quarterly basis).
- Perform key controls related to SOX for subscription revenue accounting.
- Be (or become) proficient in ASC 606 as related to revenue recognition for subscription services.
- Create high-quality workpapers.
- Be a team player; help others when needed.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- CPA certification or CPA eligible
- Attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
- Operate with high integrity and transparency
- Some public accounting experience preferred
- Familiarity and comfort working in a SOX compliant environment,
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with Finance, Legal, Revenue Accounting, Financial Operations and other groups across the company
- Knowledge of an ERP system (preferably NetSuite) is a plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.