At Smartsheet, we are building the next generation workspace collaboration platform. Trust is one of our core values, and as an engineering organization, trust requires maintaining and innovating on systems that secure our customers’ data. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer who understands how to build and integrate security into systems that extend Smartsheet’s defense in-depth security program. You will be a critical part of the engineering organization. We are accepting applicants at multiple levels based on experience.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Security and will be located in our Bellevue, Washington headquarters.
- Protect customers by identifying threats to user experiences and user data, and propose mitigations and defenses
- Assist development and QA teams maintaining and improving application security
- Secure and audit production systems, and collaborate with operations maintaining secure deployment
- Develop processes securing all production systems
- Have identified numerous security defects in products
- Evaluate and communicate risk
- Work with frequent production releases
- A creative, flexible, and objective approach
- Understand web-application security and system security
- Knowledge of SDL or similar secure software model
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Nice to have:
- Experience analyzing security of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS products
- Professional experience with development and engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Linux systems development
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!