Smartsheet is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to play a leadership role in performing our Strategic Accounts sales strategy to expand a defined set of Global 2000 accounts. You will guide executive engagement, selling solutions and delivering substantial growth in software and services bookings, with both new and expansion customers. Experience exceeding quota with tenacity and discipline is crucial to success on the Strategic Accounts team.
You will cover several named accounts in the northeast region and will report to the Director of Strategic Accounts - Northeast.
- Exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas
- Perform a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a Global 2000 account
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and targeting high-value needs across multiple departments and lines of business.
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet’s unique business, solution and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline and bookings growth in immature accounts
- Establish account strategies that ensure sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineer, Customer Success Manager, and Strategic Sales Representative
- Develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer projects and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using important metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet while you perform daily sales activities and track all relevant sales activity using our CRM platform
- Enterprise sales success; experience exceeding quotas and receiving recognition for performance
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably new SaaS solutions
- You have built relationships with Global 2000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, and operational managers
- You have experience finding new business, managing a large and diverse pipeline of sales opportunities, performing a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- You have experience working in a high-growth company where change is a constant
- You understand the difference between activity and results
- You succeed working alone, and collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- You have previously worked with Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!