Smartsheet is seeking a talented Corporate Counsel to join its collaborative legal team. We are looking for a highly capable and motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to assist us in supporting the sales function and other parts of the business. This position reports to the Director of Legal and is located at our office in Boston, MA.
- Negotiate, draft, and review commercial agreements concerning online subscription software, data privacy and processing, intellectual property use, and professional services.
- Provide strategic and practical legal advice to sales and other departments with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Collaborate with all members of the legal team across office locations, including attorney and non-attorney personnel.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of document templates, alternate language playbooks, and internal resource documents.
- Deliver training and guidance to employees on legal issues, best practices, and company policies.
- Support general business operations by responding to requests for assistance from non-sales personnel as needed.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- 3-5 years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience in negotiating customer contracts and working directly with sales representatives.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend practical solutions that balance legal and business risks.
- Skilled at developing strong working relationships with other business units despite competing priorities and interests.
- Aptitude and disposition to uphold company’s business standards and risk tolerance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, and strategic thinking.
- Flexible with a service-oriented mentality.
- Persistent attention to detail.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- JD from an accredited law school and an active member of the MA bar.
- In-house legal department experience at a cloud software company preferred.
- Experience negotiating data privacy and protection agreements and advising on privacy-related issues.
- CIPP or other privacy certification.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
How We’re Different:
Smartsheet's instantly familiar, easy-to-use interface means adoption rates are high and allows business users and their teams to solve real problems without IT help.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.