Smartsheet is looking for an experienced manager to lead one of our Customer Success teams. You are passionate about coaching and developing team members to provide great customer experiences and results.
As Sr. Manager of Customer Success, you will oversee our CSMs working in the field and will partner closely with other Smartsheet leaders across Customer Success, Sales, Support, Professional Services, Marketing and Product to promote usage, retention, and growth.
This is a remote position based in California and will report to the Vice President of Customer Success.
- Lead our Western Strategic Customer Success team, creating and executing a cohesive strategy with tangible goals, consistent performance, and tracking of essential metrics to increase retention and expansion
- Drive programs and services across all customers that grow usage, satisfaction, customer health, renewal/expansion, and likelihood to recommend Smartsheet
- Hire and develop individuals to be CS leaders of their business
- Engage with team members to build on their career and personal development plans
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Support and Professional Services to guide customers on their Smartsheet journey and help them maximize their investment
- Build programs and initiatives to drive continuous improvement and scale
- Represent the voice of enterprise customers to Product and Engineering teams to improve enhancements and new capabilities
- Manage budget to provide high Return on investment
- Provide expertise as we evolve our Customer Success vision. Help turn this vision into executable programs and processes for CSMs to deliver to our customers
- 6+ years of management experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or related disciplines for a global B2B tech, SaaS or enterprise software business
- Customer-facing experience with large, enterprise customers and international accounts.
- Experience establishing and growing relationships with all levels within enterprise organizations; influential individuals, managers, S-level, and C-suite
- Strong analytical skills with experience translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans
- Experience with change management and business optimization improvement projects
- Experience creating both low-touch and high-touch customer engagement activities to success, including management of customer issues and escalations
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Willing to travel based on customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree required in an appropriate field of study
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision - 100% company-paid premiums for employees and all eligible dependents
- Life Insurance, long term/short term disability. Flexible Spending Account
- 15 days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, Flexible sick leave, 12 weeks paid Parental Leave (+4 weeks unpaid)
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, including free Audible Membership, Free LinkedIn Learning Membership