We are looking for a high performing Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. We are confident that this represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual knowledgeable in accounting and proficient in building interpersonal relationships within and outside of their own department.
Our Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue. In addition to the monthly close and consolidation processes, this team covers a variety of challenging topics including internal-use software, leases, share-based compensation, payroll accounting, and self-insurance. The team has high visibility within the overall accounting organization and within the company. The role will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will be located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Assist in the monthly close and consolidation process, including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide analysis of variances between financial results month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter.
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings.
- Interact with external and internal auditors as representative of the corporate accounting team.
- Assist with integration of corporate accounting processes for acquired entities.
- Help ensure consistencies in processes between domestic and international accounting teams.
- Participate in continued development and evaluation of internal controls and processes, in accordance with best practices and SOX requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in accounting and/or finance positions.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics.
- Drive to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management and verbal and written communication skills.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.