Smartsheet is looking for a proven Strategic Account Executive to play a key role in building our emerging Federal Civilian Government business. This position will be responsible for selling solutions and rapidly growing SaaS software and services within a defined set of federal accounts – both net new and expansion. A proven track record of delivering sales results with tenacity, accountability, high energy, integrity and discipline is crucial to success on the Enterprise Sales team.
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Play leadership role in developing and executing sales plan for Federal Civilian Government business that delivers projected results and incorporates go-to-market, partners and resellers
- Lead virtual teams of aligned resources (Sales Engineers, Inside Sales, Marketing, Executives, etc..) in winning business across their territory
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a strategic account.
- Leverage our strong market position as the only FedRamp approved Collaborative Work Management solution available to federal agencies
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet’s unique business, solution and functional value
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's CRM platform
- Demonstrated history of direct sales success in the Federal Civilian Government market
- Proven hunter with a history of developing new prospective customers and collaborating across cross-functional internal teams, ensuring target quotas are exceeded
- Driven to successfully close large complex deals amid a mix of new business, established accounts and channel management
- Strong executive presence with effective insight-based selling skills into enterprise networking environments at the CxO level
- Minimum of 7 years experience selling software, preferably enterprise SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Federal Civilian senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven 'hunter' (new business) selling skills
- Passion for working with emerging cloud technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with, and effective execution of, a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
How We’re Different:
Smartsheet is the best way to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, enabling teams to move from idea to impact – fast.
Over 76,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Named to the Forbes “Cloud 100” list of the best private companies in cloud computing, and by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Smartsheet is used by over 96 of the Fortune 100 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.