Smartsheet is seeking an experienced marketing leader as VP Enterprise and Category Marketing. The ideal candidate has experience across multiple facets of B2B marketing including enterprise-level executive brand awareness, category creation, audience development, go-to-market strategy, and campaign development and execution with an expertise on mid-funnel acceleration.
This essential role is the CMO organization will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer in our Bellevue office.
Leads the company’s efforts in building category awareness, evolving the category, and leading the category by driving a cross-functional strategy to ensure that the company has a sustainable and defensible position in the market.
Creates marketing architecture for category demand to drive consideration, portfolio discovery, and prime for demand. Orchestrates and leads a highly cross-functional team to development and execution of the company’s sell-to, sell-through, and business strategies in the enterprise market.
Aligns with key stakeholders on enterprise segmentation, prioritization and targeting, positioning, and segment goals and strategies to support the company’s overall business goals.
Develops global campaigns for target segments and strengthens go-to-market strategies with expertise in industry thought leadership, trends, current and future state buying personas that are intersecting in the category and across the portfolio of offerings. Establishes themes, messaging, content, underscores audience-centric needs.
Leads cross functional sales, product, and marketing teams in the design and development of fully plumbed campaigns utilizing the full marketing mix to bring prospects along a purposeful buying journey. Synchs message strategies and fills content gaps amongst the functions:
- Broadens the top and middle funnel by reaching new, relevant audiences with category/ portfolio capabilities messaging and campaigns.
- Deeply understanding segment and persona demographics, behaviors, preferences, and other characteristics to inform campaign strategy and tactics.
- Develops portfolio of campaigns that address the “NEEDS” categories of market opportunity. This includes positioning, narratives/themes to establish and anchor Smartsheet capabilities.
- Utilizes full marketing mix, to bring prospects along a purposeful discovery journey. Synchs message strategies and fills content gaps. Fuels customer and third party influencer engagement.
- Primes demand tactics for success. Arms product and demand teams with rich layer of qualitative metrics to better understand persona.
- Drives for innovative, break-through, experience-based activation of the Smartsheet brand in existing and new channels across the organization.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of all programs based upon changing internal/external factors. Build analytics and evaluation criteria into all efforts in order to measure success.
- 15 + years of experience in marketing leadership roles, B2B and software experience preferred
- Experience leading world-class marketing teams leveraging data driven, direct response methodologies, automation and web analytic technologies.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to execute a wide range of marketing strategies designed to establish market presence, accelerate demand and increase revenue and profitability.
- Brings a strong balance of strategic and pragmatic marketing skills as well as significant experience in integrated, multichannel disciplines for both domestic and international channels.
- A proven performer who moves easily from vision to implementation and measurable ROI.
- Excel at building marketing channels and integrating closely with sales efforts to drive explosive revenue growth.
Smartsheet is a cloud-based work execution platform, fundamentally changing the way work gets done by enabling teams to work at scale and providing leaders intelligent, real-time insights. Over 80,000 brands and millions of information workers trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Smartsheet is used by over 75% of the Fortune 500 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.