The Director of Customer Obsession & Evangelism will evolve the strategic brand vision for Smartsheet by developing customer experiences that champion the customers learning, support, love, and affinity for the product. This individual will be a key contributor working across marketing, product, service/support, design/UX to define how the Smartsheet brand comes emulates through the customer journey and integrates into a cohesive experience. This leader will have influence across the company to shape Smartsheet and will be fully active in strategic conversations and decisions across the organization working closely with the strategy, analytics, UX team for audience insight.
Known as a visible and passionate advocate for the customer with proven experience driving and managing a consumer-centric approach to brand experiences. Understands Smartsheet customers intuitively and intellectually, to lead, develop and make recommendations that provide fresh, innovative insight into communication opportunities across all mediums.
Owns the vision for evolving and growing the brand experience through customer journey mapping, partnering with internal product, marketing, service, and support teams, to identify, recommend, and develop buying/ loyalty experiences across human, physical, and digital touchpoints. They will determine key moments of delight that create differentiation, loyalty, and love with our customers and prospects. They will represent customer needs across the lifecycle of brand touchpoints - from broad awareness and targeted campaigns, app onboarding experience, in-app moments, customer engagement with email, video, collateral, content engagement programs, learning resources to support expansion, and onsite experience at events / physical locations. They will also be responsible for helping to build social sharing and advocacy into those daily experiences.
- Works with the marketing strategy team to act on customer insights for yearly strategic planning.
- Works with community team to develop and nurture first of kind aggregated community experience, unleashing the minds, passion, creativity and interest of SMAR's hundreds of thousands of loyal zealots.
- Collaborates with in house UX and creative teams and partners with external agency ecosystem to drive global consistency, creating cohesion between all agencies executing customer-facing assets. Collaborates on the design and management of the brand identity system across touchpoints including the evolution of the visual style guide and how teams operationalize the design system to create exceptional web experiences, digital assets, advertisements, social, video, email campaigns, collateral, tutorials, physical assets in partnership with product design, research and UX teams.
- Drives world-class creative, moving beyond traditional “digital” marketing and into new spaces/touchpoints will require a breakthrough and relevant creative approach.
- Designs physical and virtual brand installations and events that bring the company's mission to life.
Non-traditional, Experiential Marketer: Demonstrated success as an innovative marketing professional. Communicates through a range of traditional (e.g., brand, logo, advertising) and non-traditional media vehicles with a key focus on social innovation and customer evangelism.
Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and the ability to link digital programs to broader brand-building marketing opportunities.
Creative Leader: Intuitively “gets” the brand and has the ability to creatively define a set of experiences that add up to an exceptional brand expression; Inspiring leader who communicates passion, energy and excitement, and has high emotional intelligence to effectively manage and where necessary, build the team.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing brand strategy and development
- Social Innovation
- Agency creative leadership roles
- Demonstrated history of integrating customer insight into brand experiences
Smartsheet is a cloud-based work execution platform, fundamentally changing the way work gets done by enabling teams to work at scale and providing leaders intelligent, real-time insights.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.