Senior Manager, Social Growth
The Smartsheet digital team is looking for a social growth hacker who specializes in the B2B space; especially LinkedIn based growth. Someone who can establish a program that becomes a central pillar for how we discover, engage, champion, and serve our customers. This person will understand social as a business function, messaging, brand, and have the ability to think long term, and think big.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy and Operations and is based at our Bellevue Place Building in Bellevue, WA.
- Strategy - Collaborate with stakeholder teams across Smartsheet and define the future state of Smartsheet social, across channels, use-cases, and outcomes. Build a roadmap for achieving this vision.
- Signal - Lead social listening and analytics efforts, providing internal teams with deep understanding of social media conversations related to key business initiatives, along with providing recommendations with regard to how to react to these conversations.
- Agency Management - Manage agency relationships that center on driving viral growth across social channels.
- Partner Across Org - Support the goals and needs of stakeholder teams across Smartsheet to ensure audiences receive the messages appropriate to them.
- Social Media Growth - Take Smartsheet social efforts to the next level, drive growth in reach, engagement, customer evangelism and advocacy that drive revenue from social channels.
- Internationalization - Create a path forward creating measurable growth from internationalization, support key market growth, create guidelines for what, when, and why, content should be localized.
- Management - Manage and optimize acquisition and engagement campaigns day-to-day across social publishers.
- Testing - Partner with internal analytics team to develop a testing roadmap, conducting experiments and A/B tests on an ongoing basis to continually improve channel performance.
- Amplification - Help develop a stable of social champions, internal and external to Smartsheet, that readily and regularly amplify our message.Leverage social amplifications tools, software, or services, to expand reach.
- Executive Social - Support the social strategy of key executives across Smartsheet to drive growth, outreach, engagement, and connection with key audiences.
- Education - Help develop team members, mentor and educate on the latest social advancements.
- 6-8 years managing paid social campaigns
- Deep knowledge of & mastery of social platforms
- Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills and a test-and-learn mentality
- Strong grasp of experimentation techniques within social platforms
- Understanding of media attribution
- Experience building out campaign automation across social platforms
- Experience in setting up, optimizing and scaling enterprise level paid social campaigns
- Thorough understanding of acquisition marketing and the latest paid social trends
- Desire to manage and mentor members of a team
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- All Smartsheet employees must be self-starters who can, with minimal guidance, drive projects from concept through completion:o Focus to make quick strikes, iterate, and produce in high volume Smarts to pick up new concepts at light speed
- Agility to quickly adjust priorities and shift direction Flexibility to contribute to other projects as required
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.