Smartsheet is seeking a leader to focus on website experience, best in class engineering, and QA excellence. This person is responsible for ensuring that the public facing web properties deliver on business goals, exceed customer needs, and drive discovery and engagement. This leader will prioritize customer experience but ensure that business needs across the organization are met by our web properties. As part of the overall Digital Marketing team this person will ensure we meet SLAs, create processes that drive efficiency, and drive execution based on project timeline, requirements, and standards.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Digital Strategy and Operations and is based at our Bellevue Place Building in Bellevue, WA.
- Ensure Quality Content - Develop a sophisticated, customer-centric content strategy and calendar, establish a governance plan, create a strategic process for placement and rotation of key messages, and own information architecture.
- Drive Innovation - Consult on and execute optimizations across on-site marketing messaging, user experiences, components, and applications. Create enhancements to the digital customer experience in a thoughtful and strategic way.
- Analysis - Analyze user experience and metrics while testing new ideas that drive business impact. Make data-driven decisions based on conversion metrics to drive new recommendations and best practices. This includes testing and measuring to determine which elements are leading customers to trial and purchase, where are customers spending the most time on the site, where are they abandoning without trial, etc.
- Build Trust - Work cross-functionally with the Digital Content team to ensure flawless execution of the strategic plan, including auditing and identifying site issues and gaps, and recommending opportunities for site improvement closely aligned to business impact.
- Protect the Brand - Work closely with Corporate and Brand marketing leaders to ensure consistent and coherent messaging and overall brand alignment with the Smartsheet marketing calendar.
- Collaborate - Work closely with other channel marketing efforts (e.g. SEO, social) to drive quality traffic to the website. Align on goals and measures of success to ensure a cohesive customer experience.
- Web Engineering & QA - Lead an incredible team, tasked with all engineering and QA. They build world-class web experiences, efficiently, scalably, and within budget.
- Website Design and Best Practices - Ensure Smartsheet web properties are built to minimize friction, delight customers, and deliver results.
- Internationalization - Create a path forward creating measurable growth from internationalization, support key market growth, create guidelines for what, when, and why, content should be localized.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent discipline; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in digital strategy, management, and marketing; B2B preferred.
- Strong marketing acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience hosting websites in a cloud environment, ideally using containers.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Experience managing end-to-end digital customer experiences, and using data to drive product and customer journey enhancements.
- The ability to leverage data to drive strategy development and tune execution.
- Experience with website analytics, campaign tracking, tagging, web testing, and tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.
- Strong blend of quantitative and communication/presentation skills, collaboration and influencing skills, and the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders.
- All Smartsheet employees must be self-starters who can, with minimal guidance, drive projects from concept through completion:
- Focus to make quick strikes, iterate, and produce in high volume.
- Smarts to pick up new concepts at light speed agility to quickly adjust priorities and shift direction. Flexibility to contribute to other projects as required.
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.