The Director of Analyst Relations will nurture and build relationships with technology industry analysts to maintain and enhance Smartsheet’s credibility and thought leadership in the enterprise. The Director of Analyst Relations will lead a growing and high visibility team inside Smartsheet and has the potential to have material impact on Smartsheet’s entire business.
Smartsheet is a diverse business with a variety of use cases that require us to engage with and influence analysts in existing and emerging markets. We also need to be able to play at a higher level in discussion about digital transformation, customer experience and engagement. This role will be responsible for continuing to build and execute on a strategic framework for Smartsheet to engage relevant industry analysts that influence our enterprise customer base. Working closely with key stakeholders throughout the business, this individual will manage our analyst relations program across multiple vectors -- proactive engagement, research subscriptions, go-to-market leverage and sales support. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, persuasive, analytical, curious and tenacious. We are looking for a persistent self-starter who is ready for a great challenge and an even bigger opportunity.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Analyst Relations and may work remotely or at our Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA offices.
- Drive and expand an effective analyst relations program that supports our corporate goals, communications positioning and marketing programs to drive pipeline.
- Work with marketing, executive leadership and R&D to craft and deliver quality information to relevant analysts in order to secure positive analyst reports.
- Work with analyst firms to complete all necessary exchange of data to include in analyst evaluations, research reports and whitepapers.
- Establish proactive processes and calendar for ongoing communications and education of industry analysts as well as act as central point for handling incoming inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain a library of analyst briefing materials.
- Organize analyst briefing tours/events and mass communications including:
- Initiation of regular analyst group communications, newsletters & webcasts in addition to one on one briefings
- Hosting Smartsheet’s annual analyst summit
- Oversee budget, analysis and recommendations for purchased analyst research services.
- Deepen our relationship with all key analysts and grow network of relationships within high priority analyst firms.
- Derive competitive intelligence for Smartsheet team from analyst interactions that complement the briefing process.
- Align with sales to leverage analyst relationships to drive business development and support deals.
- Align with marketing to drive maximum exposure and value during analyst led events (e.g. Gartner Summits).
- Monitor and analyze relevant industry data, and peer company performance; garnering insights that can impact firm positioning and strategy. This may include information about competitors, market trends, new technologies, and market opinions on the Smartsheet brand.
- Share analyst insights - from research, inquiries, and analyst relationships - with the Product Management and Marketing teams to inform product and go to market strategy.
- Measure progress. Track quantitative and qualitative KPIs. Maintain and update analyst relations database tool for all analyst interactions. Provide regular reports to Smartsheet leadership on status of analyst interaction and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- 10+ years of work experience with a killer work ethic, polished communication skills, infectious positive energy, and a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Prior experience at a technology company with experience in analyst relations, market strategy, business development and/or account management highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, but also work effectively with all cross-organizational functions. You are equally able to work alongside a partner or team as well as have ability to take full ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels within Smartsheet and the analyst community.This includes working with executives in sensitive situations.
- Monthly/bi-monthly overnight travel will be required.
- Experience with industry analyst evaluations such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, and Forrester Waves a plus.
- Experience creating and executing global sales or marketing strategies, managed budgets and led hands-on execution.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.